Modern Browser Technologies
Sites like html5test and html5rocks are great resources for getting a quick overview of html5 and related technologies. Motivated primarily by my own desire to verse myself in these new technologies, I’ve decided to create yet another outline/ontology. I’ve attempted to link to the working specification or the organization overseeing it’s development for most of the technologies. Hopefully this can also be a useful reference for others navigating this space.
Markup, Animation, Media
- HTML5 (semantic markup, canvas, audio, video, forms, etc…)
- CSS3 (advanced selectors, transitions, transforms, animations, etc…)
- DOM3 Events (state/history, mouse, keyboard)
- Device Orientation
- Web Events (multi-touch support)
- Speech Input (Google blog)
- Web Workers (map/reduce library?)
I will probably continue to make edits to this so continue to check back if it interests you, or post in comments if you’ve got feedback or things you think I should add.